The following content may contain affiliate links. When you click and shop the links, we receive a commission.
About This Recipe:
I’ve always been a firm believer in cooking with fresh, seasonal ingredients, and this Roasted Cabbage and Fennel Salad with Green Onion Vinaigrette and Anchovies is no exception. Right now, cabbage, fennel, and green onions are at the height of their season, bursting with flavor and packed with nutrients.
The natural sweetness of the cabbage and fennel shines through when they’re roasted, creating a delightful caramelization. Paired with the tangy, savory kick from the anchovies and lemon dressing, the result is a harmonious blend of flavors that truly celebrate the best of what the season has to offer. To top it off, the freshness of homegrown parsley and the zesty bite of green onions in the dressing make this dish a true testament to the vibrancy of seasonal eating.
Enjoy this Roasted Cabbage and Fennel Salad with Green Onion Vinaigrette and Anchovies as a light main course or a stunning side dish, knowing that you’re savoring the peak of seasonal freshness in every delicious bite.
Watch Me Make This Recipe:
@carmeninthegarden Artichoke ravioli with brown butter sage and cabbage fennel salad situation 💚 this was certainly a labor of love but oh so delicious! And perfect to use up a bunch of artichokes. #garden #artichokes #pasta #gardentotable ♬ original sound – Carmen in the Garden
How To Make This Recipe:Print
Warm Cabbage-Fennel Salad with Green Onion Vinaigrette and Anchovies
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 30
- Total Time: 50
- Yield: 4–6 servings 1x
Savor the peak of freshness with this Roasted Cabbage & Fennel Salad, featuring lemon and green onion and parsley. Delish!
- 1 small head of red cabbage, cored and cut into thin wedges
- 1 large fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 4 anchovy fillets for topping
- 1/4 cup olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 3–4 green onions, chopped (both white and green parts)
- Preheat your oven to 400°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- On the parchment lined baking sheet, combine the cabbage and sliced fennel. Drizzle with about 2 tablespoons of olive oil, and toss to coat the vegetables. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Roast for 20-25 minutes, turning the vegetables halfway through cooking, until they are tender and slightly caramelized. Remove from the oven and let cool slightly.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil and lemon juice. Stir in the chopped green onions. Adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper.
- In a large serving bowl, combine the roasted cabbage and fennel with the dressing. Toss to combine.
- Top the salad with chopped parsley and anchovy fillets. Drizzle with extra olive oil, if desired.
- Serve warm or at room temperature, as a side dish or light main course. Enjoy!