About This Recipe:
I’m so excited to share my Sensational Soba Salad with Shrimp and Zesty Anchovy Drizzle recipe with you! This delightful, garden-to-table dish is the perfect way to enjoy the bounty of your spring and summer harvests. Featuring crisp, colorful vegetables like red bell peppers and sugar snap peas, it’s truly a celebration of the season.
Topped with tender sautéed shrimp, this refreshing cold soba noodle salad is not only delicious but also easy to prepare – making it an ideal weeknight dinner or meal prep option. In just under 45 minutes, you’ll have a delightful and nourishing meal to share with your loved ones or store away for the week.
The real magic of this dish lies in the zesty melted anchovy dressing. It adds a touch of umami richness that ties all the flavors together, creating a harmonious balance between the earthy soba noodles, garden-fresh veggies, and succulent shrimp.
As a gardener, I truly appreciate the joy of using fresh, seasonal ingredients in my cooking, and I hope you’ll love this recipe as much as I do. Whether you’re enjoying it on a warm evening after a long day in the garden or prepping it ahead of time for a convenient lunch option, this Sensational Soba Salad with Shrimp and Zesty Anchovy Drizzle is sure to become a favorite in your seasonal recipe rotation. Happy gardening and bon appétit!
How to Make This Recipe:Print
Garden-fresh Sensational Soba Salad with Shrimp & Zesty Anchovy Drizzle – a colorful, tasty, and easy meal celebrating spring & summer harvests!
- 8 oz soba noodles, cooked, rinsed, and chilled
- 1 cup thinly sliced red bell pepper
- 1 cup thinly sliced sugar snap peas or snow peas
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons chopped scallions
- 1/2 cup chopped peanuts
For the Melted Anchovy Dressing:
- 4–6 anchovy fillets, drained
- 3 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1–2 tsp chili sauce or chopped red chili (adjust to taste)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tbsp water
For the Sautéed Shrimp:
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tbsp rice wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsp grated ginger
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil or other neutral oil
- Prepare the soba noodles according to package instructions, then rinse under cold water and set aside to cool completely.
- In a large bowl, combine the cooked and chilled soba noodles, red bell pepper, and sugar snap peas or snow peas.
- For the Melted Anchovy Dressing, finely chop the anchovy fillets or use a fork to mash them into a paste. In a small saucepan, combine the anchovies, rice wine vinegar, sugar, chili sauce or chopped red chili, minced garlic, and water. Cook the mixture over low heat, stirring constantly until the anchovies have dissolved and the sugar has melted, about 3-5 minutes. Allow the dressing to cool to room temperature.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the shrimp, rice wine vinegar, soy sauce, honey, minced garlic, and grated ginger. Mix well and let the shrimp marinate for 15 minutes.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet or pan over medium-high heat. Add the marinated shrimp and cook for 2-3 minutes per side, until pink and cooked through. Remove the shrimp from the pan and set aside to cool slightly.
- Once the dressing has cooled, pour it over the soba noodle and vegetable mixture, and toss to combine.
- Add the chopped cilantro, mint, and peanuts to the salad, and toss again to distribute evenly.
- Top the Cold Soba Noodle Salad with the sautéed shrimp or mix them into the salad.
- Serve the Cold Soba Noodle Salad with Melted Anchovy Dressing and Sautéed Shrimp in individual bowls. Enjoy!