About This Recipe:
This seasonally-inspired salmon salad is a fresh and delicious way to enjoy the flavors of spring and summer. Featuring crisp radishes, crunchy celery, and delicate fennel, this salad is the perfect way to showcase the bounty of the season. Tossed with flaked canned salmon and dressed with a tangy and creamy homemade aioli (minus the garlic), this salad is easy to customize and can be served on bread, toast, or greens.
What’s great about this recipe is how easy it is to make your own aioli. With just a few simple ingredients, including an egg yolk, dijon mustard, lemon juice, and neutral-flavored oil, you can whip up a batch of homemade aioli in minutes. The addition of homemade aioli gives the salad a creamy and indulgent texture that pairs perfectly with the kick of radish and fennel. To make this a true aioli, just add a clove of garlic. With the chives and green onions in the salmon salad, I chose to omit garlic here.
This recipe is also highly customizable. You can swap in other seasonal vegetables, such as cucumbers, carrots, or bell peppers, and adjust the seasoning to your liking. The possibilities are endless!
So why not make the most of the season and try this delicious and easy-to-make salmon salad today?
Watch me Make This Recipe:
@carmeninthegarden Fresh from the garden! Try this easy-to-make salmon salad with veggies straight from the soil. Featuring radishes, fennel and more! 🐟🥗👩🏻🌾💚#gardentotable #salmonsalad #gardening #gardentok ♬ original sound – Carmen in the Garden
Learn and Make More:
How to Make This Recipe:Print
Fennel and Radish Salmon Salad with Homemade Aioli
- Yield: 2 servings 1x
Fresh, seasonal veggies like radish and fennel meet canned salmon and tangy homemade aioli in this easy-to-customize salad. Perfect on bread or greens!
For the aioli:
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
For the salmon salad:
- 1 can of salmon, drained and flaked
- 4 radishes, thinly sliced
- 2 stalks of celery, thinly sliced
- 1 small fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 2 tablespoons chopped scallions
- 1/4 cup homemade aioli, more or less to your liking
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bread or toast, for serving
To make the mayo:
- In a tall and narrow container, such as a mason jar or a measuring cup, add the egg yolk, dijon mustard, and lemon juice.
- Pour the oil on top of the egg yolk mixture, making sure that the oil completely covers the egg yolk.
- Place an immersion blender at the bottom of the container and blend on high speed for about 5-10 seconds. Once the mixture starts to emulsify, slowly lift the immersion blender towards the top, until the mixture is completely emulsified and has thickened to the consistency of mayonnaise.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
To make the salmon salad:
- In a large bowl, combine the salmon, radishes, celery, fennel, chives, and scallions.
- Add the aioli to the salmon mixture and toss to combine.
- Serve the salmon salad on toast or a bed of greens (or both). Enjoy!