About This Recipe:
I’m delighted to share this incredibly fresh and vibrant Salmon Crudo recipe that truly celebrates the bounty of my garden. With each bite, you’ll experience an explosion of flavors and textures, as the ingredients I’ve carefully harvested come together in perfect harmony.
The star of the dish is, of course, the sushi-grade salmon, which provides a velvety and delicate base. The freshness of the fish pairs beautifully with the zesty lime dressing, made with freshly squeezed lime juice and high-quality extra-virgin olive oil. The tangy dressing enhances the salmon’s natural flavors, while adding a touch of brightness to the plate.
My garden has gifted me with an abundance of beautiful and fragrant ingredients that elevate this dish to new heights. The borage flowers and cilantro flowers, both handpicked from my garden, bring a subtle floral aroma and visual appeal, while the homegrown radishes offer a satisfying crunch and peppery kick.
The kumquats and fingerlime, also harvested from my garden, impart a delightful citrusy tang that complements the dish perfectly. The avocado and blood orange slices add a touch of creaminess and sweetness, respectively, creating a balanced and diverse flavor profile.
Watch Me Make This Recipe:
@carmeninthegarden Harvested little bits from the garden that pack a lot of flavor! Radishes, cilantro flowers, kumquats, borage, limes, finger/ caviar limes. All the ingredients come together to make a light, refreshing, and flavor packed crudo. #garden #recipes #gardentok ♬ original sound – Carmen in the Garden
How To Make This Recipe:Print
- 1 lb fresh, sushi-grade salmon fillet, skin removed
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice (about 2 limes)
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons borage flowers, for garnish
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced radishes
- 2 tablespoons cilantro flowers, for garnish
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced kumquats
- 1 fingerlime, for garnish
- 1 ripe avocado, thinly sliced
- 1 blood orange, thinly sliced
- Prepare the salmon: Place the salmon fillet on a clean cutting board. Using a sharp knife, slice the salmon across the grain into thin, even slices, about 1/8-inch thick. Arrange the slices on a large serving plate or platter, slightly overlapping each piece. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Make the lime dressing: In a small bowl, whisk together the lime juice, olive oil, sea salt, and freshly ground black pepper. Set aside.
- Assemble the dish: Remove the salmon from the refrigerator and uncover. Drizzle the lime dressing evenly over the salmon slices. Arrange the thinly sliced radishes, kumquats, avocado, and blood orange slices decoratively over and around the salmon.
- Garnish: Sprinkle the borage flowers and cilantro flowers over the salmon and arranged ingredients. Gently cut the fingerlime in half and squeeze its small, pearl-like vesicles over the dish for a burst of citrus flavor.
- Serve with a side of crusty bread, if desired. Enjoy!