Savor the peak of freshness with this Roasted Cabbage & Fennel Salad, featuring lemon and green onion and parsley. Delish!
- 1 small head of red cabbage, cored and cut into thin wedges
- 1 large fennel bulb, thinly sliced
- 4 anchovy fillets for topping
- 1/4 cup olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 3–4 green onions, chopped (both white and green parts)
- Preheat your oven to 400°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- On the parchment lined baking sheet, combine the cabbage and sliced fennel. Drizzle with about 2 tablespoons of olive oil, and toss to coat the vegetables. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Roast for 20-25 minutes, turning the vegetables halfway through cooking, until they are tender and slightly caramelized. Remove from the oven and let cool slightly.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil and lemon juice. Stir in the chopped green onions. Adjust the seasoning with salt and pepper.
- In a large serving bowl, combine the roasted cabbage and fennel with the dressing. Toss to combine.
- Top the salad with chopped parsley and anchovy fillets. Drizzle with extra olive oil, if desired.
- Serve warm or at room temperature, as a side dish or light main course. Enjoy!