Let’s keep in touch:
About the Recipe:
This dish is a delicious and flavorful combination of fresh, tangy flavors from the tomatoes and kumquats and rich, savory flavors from the roasted seabass. The anchovy dressing adds depth and umami flavor to the dish, while the garlic and rosemary give the seabass a fragrant and aromatic flavor. The addition of parsley to the salad brings a fresh, herbaceous note that complements the other flavors perfectly.
How to Make It:Print
This tomato and kumquat salad with anchovy dressing is a refreshing and flavorful salad. The salad is made with a combination of juicy tomatoes and tangy kumquats, which are topped with a homemade anchovy dressing that adds depth of flavor. The salad is finished with fillets of seabass, which provide a rich addition to the meal. This dish is easy to prepare and perfect for dinner.
- 2 seabass fillets
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup kumquats, sliced with mandolin
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 4 anchovy fillets, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Season the seabass fillets with salt, pepper, and fresh rosemary.
- In a hot skillet, sear the seabass fillets in olive oil for about 2 minutes on each side until golden brown. Add minced garlic to the skillet and cook for an additional 30 seconds, until fragrant. Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake for 8-10 minutes, until the fish is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, assemble salad.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, shallots, red wine vinegar, garlic, mustard, and anchovy fillets until well combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- On a large plate, combine the sliced tomatoes, kumquats, parsley, and mint. Pour the anchovy dressing over the top and toss everything together until the vegetables are evenly coated.
- Serve with rice, couscous, or bread for a balanced meal.
Keywords: tomato, kumquat, anchovy, dressing, shallots, salad, mediterranean, fresh, healthy, easy, quick, crisp, tangy, vinaigrette
I’d be thrilled to hear how you make this recipe and any variations or feedback you might have! Please follow me on my social media platforms and sign up for my email list to stay up-to-date on all my seasonal recipes.