This tomato and kumquat salad with anchovy dressing is a refreshing and flavorful salad. The salad is made with a combination of juicy tomatoes and tangy kumquats, which are topped with a homemade anchovy dressing that adds depth of flavor. The salad is finished with fillets of seabass, which provide a rich addition to the meal. This dish is easy to prepare and perfect for dinner.
- 2 seabass fillets
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup kumquats, sliced with mandolin
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley
- 1 shallot, minced
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 4 anchovy fillets, minced
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Season the seabass fillets with salt, pepper, and fresh rosemary.
- In a hot skillet, sear the seabass fillets in olive oil for about 2 minutes on each side until golden brown. Add minced garlic to the skillet and cook for an additional 30 seconds, until fragrant. Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake for 8-10 minutes, until the fish is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, assemble salad.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, shallots, red wine vinegar, garlic, mustard, and anchovy fillets until well combined. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- On a large plate, combine the sliced tomatoes, kumquats, parsley, and mint. Pour the anchovy dressing over the top and toss everything together until the vegetables are evenly coated.
- Serve with rice, couscous, or bread for a balanced meal.
Keywords: tomato, kumquat, anchovy, dressing, shallots, salad, mediterranean, fresh, healthy, easy, quick, crisp, tangy, vinaigrette