I loves palomas. I love spicy margaritas. Put them together and you get this slightly spicy paloma. The warmth of the tequila pairs with the tartness of the grapefruit. Add in this habanero simple syrup and voila! Something slightly spicy to sip.Print
Feeling a little spicy? This is your cocktail. The spice comes from a habanero simple syrup that you can easily scale up or down if you don’t want as much spice.
- 2 habanero peppers, roughly chopped
- 1–1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- Rim Salt
What tools you need
- Cocktail shaker or mason jar with lid
- Shot glass
- Heavy bottomed glass
- In a pot, combine habanero peppers, sugar, and water. Bring to boil. Reduce to simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat. Remove habanero peppers and let simple syrup cool. Transfer to a container and let cool completely.
- Using a wedge of lime, wet rim of serving glass and put salt on the rim.
- In a cocktail shaker or mason jar: combine 4 ice cubes, 2 tablespoons habanero syrup, 2 shots grapefruit juice, 1 shot tequila, 1 shot cointreau. Shake it!!
- Pour all of it in to serving glass. Serve immediately.