The crust of this raspberry lemon curd bar has been a labor of love. I first made this crust in my vegan lemon coconut bars. I found that by using coconut oil and then freezing the crust: you could achieve a very crunchy, hard crust. Sweet, tart, tantalizing, crunchy – this dessert is for you!Print
For the crust:
- 1 cup gluten free oats
- 1 cups whole almonds
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/8 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted.
- 1/4 cup agave syrup
For the filling:
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tbsp corn starch
- 4 eggs
- 2 lemons, juiced
- 1–3/4 cup sugar
- 1 pint raspberries
- 1 cup powdered sugar (sifted)
- Line a 9×9 baking pan with parchment paper. Preheat oven to 350.
- In a food processor: process oats, almonds, sugar, salt – as finely as possible (see picture).
- Using a spatula, in a mixing bowl, fold in agave and coconut oil. Pour in to baking pan. Using a spoon press evenly. Bake for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl: whisk together all filling ingredients: eggs, vanilla, corn starch, lemon juice, sugar.
- Once crust is golden brown, carefully pour filling mixture on top. Return to oven. Bake for about 20 minutes or until filling is solidified.
- Meanwhile, in a blender: blender raspberries thoroughly. Transfer to a fine mesh sieve and using a spatula: push raspberry liquid in to a small bowl. Mix 1/4 cup powdered sugar in to raspberry liquid.
- Once filling + crust come out of the oven pour raspberry mixture on top of filling. Using a knife, evenly distribute. Transfer to refrigerator for 1 hour.
- Sift powdered sugar on top. Cut and serve.