Feeling a little spicy? This is your cocktail. The spice comes from a habanero simple syrup that you can easily scale up or down if you don’t want as much spice.
- 2 habanero peppers, roughly chopped
- 1–1/2 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- Rim Salt
What tools you need
- Cocktail shaker or mason jar with lid
- Shot glass
- Heavy bottomed glass
- In a pot, combine habanero peppers, sugar, and water. Bring to boil. Reduce to simmer for 10 minutes. Remove from heat. Remove habanero peppers and let simple syrup cool. Transfer to a container and let cool completely.
- Using a wedge of lime, wet rim of serving glass and put salt on the rim.
- In a cocktail shaker or mason jar: combine 4 ice cubes, 2 tablespoons habanero syrup, 2 shots grapefruit juice, 1 shot tequila, 1 shot cointreau. Shake it!!
- Pour all of it in to serving glass. Serve immediately.