About This Recipe:
Get ready to enjoy a delightful and flavorful feast straight from your garden with our Mediterranean Herb-Roasted Vegetable Medley with Crunchy Chickpeas. This vibrant dish combines the harvest-fresh goodness of homegrown herbs, carrots, and artichokes.
I’ve added a delightful twist by incorporating crunchy chickpeas into this medley. Baked to perfection, the chickpeas add a delightful texture and protein boost to the dish. To prepare this garden-to-table masterpiece, simply gather your homegrown herbs, pluck fresh carrots and green beans.
You can watch me prepare this delicious recipe in the video below. Join me in the kitchen as we create this Mediterranean Herb-Roasted Vegetable Medley with Chickpeas step by step. I’ll share some tips and tricks along the way, making it easy for you to recreate dish.
If you’re missing any of the tools needed to make this recipe, don’t worry! You can conveniently shop for all the items I used in the recipe video below. Join me and embrace the joy of harvesting, and savor the garden-fresh flavors of this delectable dinner. Your homegrown ingredients have never tasted so good! Enjoy your garden-to-table adventure with the Mediterranean Herb-Roasted Vegetable Medley with Crunchy Chickpeas. Bon appétit!
Watch Me Make This Recipe:
@carmeninthegarden 🌿 Garden-to-Table Goodness! 🍅🥕 Whip up a vibrant Mediterranean Herb-Roasted Vegetable Medley with Crunchy Chickpeas. Homegrown flavors at their finest! 🌱✨ #gardentotable ♬ original sound – Carmen in the Garden
Shop This Recipe:
How To Make This Recipe:Print
Savor the vibrant flavors of our Mediterranean Herb-Roasted Vegetable Medley with Crunchy Chickpeas. Homegrown herbs, carrots, and artichokes come together in a fragrant blend, topped with crispy chickpeas. A garden-fresh delight!
- 3–4 medium carrots, peeled and cut into thick slices
- 1–1/2 cup green beans, trimed, and cut into 3 inch pieces
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 2–3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sumac
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 cup couscous
- Crumbled feta cheese, for topping
- Fresh herbs (such as basil, chives, parsley or cilantro), chopped, for garnish
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C).
- In a large bowl, combine the green beans, carrots, red onion, and chickpeas.
- To the bowl add olive oil, paprika, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper.
- Drizzle the spice mixture over the vegetables and chickpeas in the large bowl, and toss until everything is evenly coated.
- Transfer the seasoned vegetables and chickpeas to a baking sheet or roasting pan, spreading them out in a single layer.
- Roast the vegetables and chickpeas in the preheated oven for about 25-30 minutes, or until the carrots are tender and lightly browned, stirring halfway through to ensure even cooking.
- In the meantime, prepare the couscous according to the package instructions.
- Once the roasted vegetables and chickpeas are done, remove them from the oven and let them cool slightly.
- Fluff the cooked couscous with a fork and place a generous portion on each plate or in a serving dish.
- Spoon the roasted vegetables and chickpeas over the couscous.
- Crumble feta cheese over the top of the dish.
- Garnish with freshly chopped herbs, such as basil, chives, parsley or cilantro.