Watch me make this recipe:
@carmeninthegarden Spicy, tangy, sweet glazed collars and eggplant with rice and topped with fresh perilla, green onions, and cucamelons. A delicious #gardentotable dinner for my jetlagged self! #garden #dinner #easydinnerideas ♬ original sound – Carmen in the Garden
How to make this recipe:Print
- 2 tuna collars
- 1 large eggplant or a few small eggplants, sliced into rounds
- Cooked rice, for serving
- Perilla leaves (or Thai basil), green onions, and cucamelons (or cucumber) for garnish
- Salt and pepper
For the glaze:
- 1 cup tomatillos
- 1 yuzu + 1 caviar lime OR Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon miso
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 jalapeno
- 1/2 tablespoon honey
- Preheat oven to 375°F . Season tuna and eggplant with salt and pepper.
- Blend tomatillos, lime juice, miso, fish sauce, jalapeno, and honey for the sauce. Adjust seasoning.
- Sear tuna and eggplant in a cast iron skillet with oil until golden-brown (about 3 mins per side).
- Pour sauce over tuna and eggplant. Bake at 375°F for 10-15 mins until tuna is cooked and eggplant is tender. Broil for the last minute or so (be sure to keep an eye depending on your broiler!)
- Place rice on plates, top with collars, eggplant, and sauce. Garnish with perilla leaves, green onions, and cucamelons (or cucumber).