About This Recipe:
Looking for a fresh and vibrant salad that celebrates the flavors of late winter vegetables? Look no further than this Rainbow Chicken Salad with Spicy Ginger Lime Dressing! Crisp radishes, sweet snap peas, and colorful bell peppers are mixed with juicy kumquats and tender chicken, then tossed in a zesty and spicy dressing made with ginger, hot pepper, lime juice, and a touch of honey. The result is a salad that is both hearty and refreshing, with a bright and zippy flavor that is perfect for late winter. Topped with toasted sesame seeds and fresh cilantro, this salad is a feast for the eyes and the taste buds.
Not only is this salad packed with flavor, it’s also incredibly versatile. It makes a great side dish for any meal, or a satisfying lunch or dinner on its own. And if you’re looking for a meal prep option, simply leave the dressing on the side and assemble the salad when you’re ready to eat. With its bold colors and fresh ingredients, this Rainbow Chicken Salad is a guaranteed crowd-pleaser that’s perfect for any occasion.
How to Make This Recipe:Print
Try this Rainbow Chicken Salad with Spicy Ginger Lime Dressing! Packed with late winter veggies, juicy kumquats, and tender chicken, it’s fresh and versatile. Top with toasted sesame seeds and cilantro for extra flavor. Leave the dressing on the side for a meal prep option. Perfect for any occasion!
- 1 cup sliced or diced radishes
- 1 cup snap peas, trimmed
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 bell pepper, sliced
- 4 sliced kumquats, you could swap for 1 mandarin orange
- 1 cooked chicken breast, sliced or shredded (you can grill, bake, or poach the chicken breast)
- 2 tablespoons minced ginger
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 jalapeno or serrano pepper, seeded and minced
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 4 cups lettuce greens, washed and torn into bite-sized pieces
- Cilantro, for garnish
- In a large bowl, combine the sliced radishes, snap peas, sliced carrots, sliced bell pepper, sliced kumquats, lettuce greens and cooked chicken breast.
- In a small bowl or jar, whisk or shake together the minced ginger, rice vinegar, soy sauce, honey, sesame oil, minced pepper, and lime juice.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss to coat.
- Garnish with toasted sesame seeds and cilantro