About the Recipe:
This Snap Pea and Kale Pasta Salad with Mint-Cilantro “Pesto” is not only delicious, but also incredibly easy to make. You can meal prep it ahead of time and it’s perfect as a side or main dish. You can also pair it with a protein of your choice for a more filling meal.
One of the best things about this recipe is that it uses fresh late winter ingredients that are easy to find at your local market or in your own garden. Kale and sugar snap peas are both in season during late winter, making this a great recipe to use up some of those fresh greens you might have on hand. And the herbs used in the recipe, fresh mint and cilantro, are both easy to grow in your own garden or can be found at your local market.
The recipe is versatile and can be made with your favorite pasta shape, such as fusilli or penne. The pesto-inspired dressing made with fresh herbs, almonds, sunflower seeds, garlic, and olive oil adds a zesty, herbaceous flavor to the dish that complements the fresh greens perfectly.
Overall, this Snap Pea and Kale Pasta Salad with Mint-Cilantro “Pesto” is a nutritious and delicious dish that’s easy to make, meal prep, and adapt to your preferences. It’s perfect for those who love fresh, seasonal ingredients and a zesty, herbaceous flavor in their dishes.
How to Make This Recipe:Print
This vibrant pasta salad is tossed with a zesty, herbaceous mint-cilantro pesto and loaded with fresh sugar snap peas and tender kale leaves.
- 8 oz. pasta, such as fusilli, cooked and cooled
- 2 tablespoons of fresh mint leaves
- 1/2 cup of fresh cilantro leaves
- 2 tablespoons almonds
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cups of kale, torn or chopped into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup of sugar snap peas, trimmed and cut in half
- Cook the pasta according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water to cool.
- In a food processor, combine the fresh mint, fresh cilantro, almonds, sunflower seeds, garlic, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Process until a smooth pesto forms.
- In a large bowl, toss the cooled pasta with the torn or chopped kale and halved sugar snap peas.
- Pour the mint-cilantro pesto over the pasta salad and toss to coat. Season with extra salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve chilled as a refreshing and nutritious side dish or main course. Enjoy!
I’d be thrilled to hear how you make this recipe and any variations or feedback you might have! Please follow me on my social media platforms and sign up for my email list to stay up-to-date on all my seasonal recipes.