About This Recipe:
This Spicy Kale, Egg, and Potato Breakfast Skillet is the perfect way to start your day! Packed with flavor and nutrients, this dish is a quick and easy breakfast option that will keep you energized and satisfied all morning long.
The dish features crispy potatoes cooked in a skillet with a touch of smoked paprika, onion, garlic, and jalapeño or serrano pepper for a little spice. After the potatoes are cooked, kale is added to the skillet to create a healthy and flavorful base.
Two eggs are then cracked into wells made in the kale and potato mixture and cooked to perfection with a sprinkling of salt and pepper. Finally, the skillet is topped with a generous amount of grated Parmesan cheese for added flavor and creaminess.
This recipe can be easily customized to your liking by adjusting the level of spiciness or using different types of cheese. It’s also versatile enough to accommodate any pantry staples you may have on hand.
Serve this Spicy Kale, Egg, and Potato Breakfast Skillet hot and enjoy a nutritious and delicious meal that will help you start your day on the right foot.
How to Make This Recipe:Print
This Spicy Kale, Egg, and Potato Breakfast Skillet is a quick and easy way to enjoy a healthy and flavorful breakfast. Crispy potatoes are cooked with smoked paprika, onion, garlic, and jalapeño or serrano pepper, then topped with kale and eggs. Add Parmesan cheese for extra creaminess and serve hot for a satisfying and delicious meal.
- 2 large eggs
- 1 bunch of kale, washed and chopped
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 medium-sized potato, cut into small cubes
- 1 jalapeño or serrano pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the potato cubes and season with salt, pepper, and smoked paprika. Add 1-2 tablespoons of water. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes are golden brown and crispy, about 8-10 minutes.
- In the same skillet, heat the remaining olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion and sauté until softened and translucent, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the garlic and chopped jalapeño or serrano pepper and sauté for another minute, until fragrant.
- Add the chopped kale to the skillet and stir to combine. Cook for 3-5 minutes, until the kale has wilted and become tender.
- Create two wells in the mixture and crack an egg into each well. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover the skillet and let the eggs cook until the whites are set and the yolks are cooked to your liking, about 5-7 minutes.
- Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese over the top of the kale and eggs and let it melt slightly.
- Once the eggs are done, add the potatoes back to the skillet and mix everything together.
- Serve the skillet hot and enjoy!
I’d be thrilled to hear how you make this recipe and any variations or feedback you might have! Please follow me on my social media platforms and sign up for my email list to stay up-to-date on all my seasonal recipes.