This Spicy Kale, Egg, and Potato Breakfast Skillet is a quick and easy way to enjoy a healthy and flavorful breakfast. Crispy potatoes are cooked with smoked paprika, onion, garlic, and jalapeño or serrano pepper, then topped with kale and eggs. Add Parmesan cheese for extra creaminess and serve hot for a satisfying and delicious meal.
- 2 large eggs
- 1 bunch of kale, washed and chopped
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 medium-sized potato, cut into small cubes
- 1 jalapeño or serrano pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the potato cubes and season with salt, pepper, and smoked paprika. Add 1-2 tablespoons of water. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the potatoes are golden brown and crispy, about 8-10 minutes.
- In the same skillet, heat the remaining olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion and sauté until softened and translucent, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add the garlic and chopped jalapeño or serrano pepper and sauté for another minute, until fragrant.
- Add the chopped kale to the skillet and stir to combine. Cook for 3-5 minutes, until the kale has wilted and become tender.
- Create two wells in the mixture and crack an egg into each well. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover the skillet and let the eggs cook until the whites are set and the yolks are cooked to your liking, about 5-7 minutes.
- Sprinkle the Parmesan cheese over the top of the kale and eggs and let it melt slightly.
- Once the eggs are done, add the potatoes back to the skillet and mix everything together.
- Serve the skillet hot and enjoy!