About This Recipe:
Experience the vibrant flavors of summer with this refreshing Green Bean and Tomato Salad with Whipped Basil Feta. Bursting with freshly harvested ingredients from my own garden, this dish is a celebration of seasonal produce at its finest.
Perfectly blanched green beans provide a crisp and tender bite, while a medley of cherry and medium-sized tomatoes adds a burst of juicy sweetness. The star of this salad is undoubtedly the velvety whipped basil feta. With its creamy texture and tangy notes, it elevates the dish to a whole new level.
This versatile salad can be enjoyed as a light and satisfying main dish, allowing the flavors to shine on their own. Alternatively, it serves as an excellent side salad, pairing harmoniously with your choice of protein.
Every element of this dish, from the vibrant colors to the fresh flavors, showcases the essence of summer. It’s a delightful combination that brings a touch of elegance to any table.
So why not take advantage of the season’s bounty and indulge in the Green Bean and Tomato Salad with Whipped Basil Feta? It’s a delightful way to savor the best that nature has to offer and create a memorable culinary experience.
Watch Me Make This Recipe:
@carmeninthegarden 🌿 Harvesting the Taste of Summer! 🍅🌱 Whip up a fresh and easy dish with homegrown green beans, basil, tomatoes, and a zesty twist of lemon! 🌿🍋💚 Sign up for my newsletter for the full recipe and catch the behind-the-scenes action on my Instagram Stories! 📩📸 Let’s embrace the flavors of the season together! 🌞✨#gardentotable #summer #tomato #recipe ♬ original sound – Carmen in the Garden
How To Make This Recipe:Print
Experience the vibrant flavors of summer with our refreshing Green Bean and Tomato Salad, featuring blanched beans, juicy tomatoes, and whipped basil feta. A delightful dish that captures the essence of the season.
- 1 pound assorted types of green beans
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 medium-sized tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup basil leaves
- Chive blossoms or 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1 Meyer lemon
- 1 cup whipped feta cheese
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- Pinch of sea salt
- Blanch the green beans: Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add the green beans and cook for 2-3 minutes, until they turn bright green. Immediately transfer the beans to a bowl of ice water to stop the cooking process. Drain and set aside.
- In a food processor, combine the whipped feta cheese, basil leaves, garlic clove, juice of Meyer lemon, salt, olive oil, and chili powder. Process until smooth and well combined.
- Heat a cast iron skillet over medium heat. Add the walnuts and toast them, stirring occasionally, until they turn golden and fragrant. Remove from heat and set aside.
- On a serving plate, spread a layer of whipped feta. Arrange the blanched green beans, cherry tomatoes, and chopped tomatoes on top of the whipped feta. Sprinkle the toasted walnuts and sliced shallots over the salad.
- Finish off the salad with chive blossoms or minced chives. Sprinkle a pinch of sea salt over the salad. Serve the Green Bean Tomato Salad as a side dish.