About This Recipe:
With winter weather still lingering in Southern California, it’s the perfect time to indulge in some citrus. The ripe harvest is a signal of the delicious spring flavors that are just around the corner. If you’re looking for a refreshing and zesty recipe, try this one, which can be easily prepared in a mason jar. Using egg white gives the drink a frothy texture, but if you’re out of eggs, aquafaba is a great substitute. To add some extra flavor, garnish with your favorite herbs – mint is my personal preference!
How To Make This Recipe:Print
- 2 oz gin
- 3/4 oz fresh lime juice
- 1/2 oz honey
- 1 egg white
- 1 finger limes
- 3 kumquats
- A few sprigs of fresh herbs, such as mint, basil, or thyme
- Cut the finger limes and kumquats in half and squeeze the juice into a cocktail shaker.
- Add the gin, lime juice, honey, and egg white to the shaker.
- Strip the leaves from the herbs and add them to the shaker.
- Fill the shaker with ice and shake vigorously for 15-20 seconds.
- Strain the cocktail into a glass. If you like, you can top it off with a splash of club soda.
- Garnish with a sprig of fresh herbs, a slice of kumquat, and a few finger lime pearls.
- Enjoy your delicious cocktail!
I’d be thrilled to hear how you make this recipe and any variations or feedback you might have! Please follow me on my social media platforms and sign up for my email list to stay up-to-date on all my seasonal recipes.