About This Recipe:
Looking for a simple and delicious meal that can be enjoyed any time of day? Look no further than this Swiss Chard, Carrot, and Crab Frittata! This easy-to-make recipe is perfect for busy weeknights or lazy weekends, and the fresh and flavorful ingredients are sure to satisfy your taste buds.
This dairy-free frittata uses fresh Swiss chard and julienned carrots straight from the garden, paired with succulent crab meat to create a savory and satisfying dish. The eggs are whisked together with oat milk, salt, and pepper, then poured into the skillet with the sautéed vegetables and crab meat. The frittata is then baked in the oven until golden brown and cooked through.
What makes this frittata truly special is the combination of flavors. The sweetness of the carrots pairs perfectly with the savory crab meat, while the fresh sage adds a pop of herbaceousness.
This Swiss Chard, Carrot, and Crab Frittata is perfect for anyone who wants a delicious and healthy meal that can be made in just a few simple steps. Whether you’re looking for a satisfying breakfast, a light lunch, or a quick dinner, this recipe has got you covered. Enjoy!
Watch Me Make This Recipe:
@carmeninthegarden Felt a little chatty today- I harvested carrots, swiss chard, herbs to make a garden fresh crab frittata. Send all your recommended carrot, swiss chard recipes as well ss your favorite aprons! 🍳💚👩🏻🌾 #garden #recipe #gardentotable ♬ original sound – Carmen in the Garden
How To Make This Recipe:Print
Swiss Chard, Carrot, and Crab Frittata
Whip up this easy and delicious Swiss Chard, Carrot, and Crab Frittata in just a few simple steps. Dairy-free and packed with fresh garden veggies and succulent crab meat, it’s the perfect meal any time of day!
- 5 eggs
- 1/4 cup oat milk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 2 cups Swiss chard, chopped
- 1 cup julienned carrots
- 1/2 cup cooked crab meat
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, oat milk, salt, and pepper until well combined.
- Heat the olive oil in a large oven-safe skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chopped green onions and sauté for 2-3 minutes, until softened.
- Add the Swiss chard and julienned carrots to the skillet and sauté for an additional 3-4 minutes, until the vegetables are wilted and tender.
- Add the cooked crab meat to the skillet and stir until it is evenly distributed.
- Pour the egg mixture into the skillet, making sure it covers all the vegetables and crab.
- Sprinkle the chopped fresh sage over the top of the frittata.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes, until the edges of the frittata start to set.
- Transfer the skillet to the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes, until the frittata is cooked through and golden brown on top.
- Let the frittata cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving.