About This Recipe:
Celebrate the season with our vibrant and refreshing Sweet Heat Strawberry Margarita! This delightful concoction is perfect for enjoying the bounty of ripe, in-season strawberries, adding a tantalizing twist to a classic favorite. The combination of sweet strawberries and spicy jalapeños creates a harmonious blend that will awaken your taste buds and keep you coming back for more.
As the days grow longer and warmer, this Strawberry Margarita is the ideal companion for all the special holidays on the horizon. From the festive spirit of Cinco de Mayo to the heartfelt appreciation of Mother’s Day, this delightful drink is sure to impress. As you gather with friends and family during Memorial Day weekend, enjoy this refreshing beverage as a toast to the unofficial start of summer. And when Father’s Day rolls around, treat Dad to a Sweet Heat Strawberry Margarita, a delicious way to show your love and gratitude.
Whether you’re hosting a backyard BBQ, lounging by the pool, or simply enjoying a relaxing evening at home, this Strawberry Margarita will elevate your celebrations and create lasting memories. So grab your shaker, gather some fresh strawberries, and get ready to experience the sensational fusion of sweet and spicy in this unforgettable seasonal cocktail. Cheers!
Shop The Recipe:
To shop some of the items featured in this recipe, check out my LTK post here.
Watch Me Make This Recipe:
@carmeninthegarden 🍓🌶 Fresh from my garden, it's Sweet Heat Strawberry Margarita time! 🎉 Perfect for every celebration! 🥳 for the recipe, sign up for my newsletter for the latest recipes & gardening tips! 💌🌱#garden #recipe #margarita ♬ original sound – Carmen in the Garden
How To Make This Recipe:Print
A refreshing twist on a classic favorite! Ripe, in-season strawberries and spicy jalapeños create a harmonious blend. Perfect for summer celebrations.
- 2 oz tequila or mezcal
- 1 oz orange liqueur (such as Cointreau or Triple Sec)
- 1 oz fresh lime juice
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, hulled and halved
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar (optional, to taste)
- 1–2 jalapeño slices (adjust to your desired level of spiciness)
- Salt or sugar for rimming the glass (optional)
- Lime wheel and strawberry slice for garnish (optional)
- Prepare your glass: If you’d like a salt or sugar rim, run a lime wedge around the edge of your glass, then dip the rim into a shallow plate of salt or sugar. Set the glass aside.
- Make the strawberry puree: In a blender or food processor, combine the strawberries and sugar (if using). Blend until smooth. Set aside.
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle the jalapeño slices to release their flavors.
- Add tequila, orange liqueur, fresh lime juice, and 2-3 tablespoons of the strawberry puree to the cocktail shaker.
- Fill the shaker with ice and shake well for about 15-20 seconds, or until the outside of the shaker becomes cold and frosty.
- Strain the mixture into your prepared glass filled with fresh ice.
- Garnish your Strawberry Spicy Margarita with a lime wheel and a strawberry slice.
You can adjust the amount of strawberry puree according to your taste preference. The leftover puree can be stored in the refrigerator for up to 3 days and used in other drinks, smoothies, or desserts.