About This Recipe:
Introducing my scrumptious seasonal recipe: Angel Hair Pasta with Clam and Veggie Sauce! Freshly harvested Japanese and Rosa Bianca eggplants, zucchinis, and fragrant parsley make this dish a true taste of summer. The homemade angel hair pasta adds a delightful texture.
After sautéing sweet white onions, I add the eggplants and zucchinis, allowing them to become tender and full of flavor. With crushed tomatoes and veggie broth in the mix, the sauce becomes rich and luscious. Cleaned and soaked in ice water, the clams take center stage, complementing the veggies and pasta perfectly. A sprinkle of parsley on top adds a pop of color and freshness.
In no time, you’ll have a delightful pasta dish that’s bursting with seasonal goodness. Gather your loved ones and celebrate the season with this mouthwatering Angel Hair Pasta with Clam and Veggie Sauce!
Watch Me Make This Recipe:
@carmeninthegarden Garden to table 💚👩🏻🌾 handmade pasta with tomato-y eggplant zucchini clam sauce. So delicious! 🍝 🥚 🍅 🍆 #garden #pasta #cooking ♬ original sound – Carmen in the Garden
Shop The Recipe:
How To Make This Recipe:Print
Garden to table: handmade pasta with tomato-y eggplant zucchini clam sauce. So delicious!
Ingredients for the Pasta:
- 1 1/2 cups 00 flour
- A few tablespoons of semolina
- 4 eggs
Ingredients for the Sauce:
- 2 small Japanese eggplants
- 2 small Rosa Bianca eggplants
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 medium zucchinis
- 1 large white onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 can (14 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2.2 pounds fresh clams
- Ice water
Instructions for the Pasta:
- In a mixing bowl, combine 1 1/2 cups of 00 flour and a few tablespoons of semolina.
- Create a well in the center of the flour mixture and crack 4 eggs into it.
- Gradually incorporate the flour into the eggs, mixing until a dough forms.
- Knead the pasta dough for 7 minutes until it becomes smooth and elastic.
- Let the pasta dough rest for 1 hour. **Begin to make the pasta sauce below**
- After resting, use a Kitchen Aid mixer with pasta attachments (or a pasta machine) to roll out the dough into angel hair-thin strands. Dust the pasta with semolina to prevent sticking.
- Cook the pasta in salted boiling water for about 2-3 minutes or until pasta floats to the top. Drain and set aside.
Instructions for the Sauce:
- Rinse the clams thoroughly under cold water, scrubbing them to remove any dirt or debris.
- In a large bowl, fill it with ice water and submerge the clams. Let them soak for about 30 minutes to expel any sand or grit. Then, drain and set aside.
- Cut the Japanese eggplants, Rosa Bianca eggplants, zucchini into small cubes.
- Finely chop the fresh parsley.
- Dice the white onion.
- In a large, deep skillet or pot, heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the diced white onion and sauté until translucent and slightly caramelized.
- Add the cubed zucchinis and eggplants to the skillet. Season with salt and pepper. Sauté for about 5 minutes until the vegetables are slightly tender.
- Pour in the crushed tomatoes and vegetable broth. Bring the mixture to a simmer and let it cook for about 10 minutes to allow the flavors to meld.
- Add the cleaned clams to the sauce, cover the pot, and cook for about 5-7 minutes or until the clams open up. Discard any clams that do not open.
Assemble the Dish:
- Divide the cooked angel hair pasta into serving plates.
- Ladle the clam and vegetable sauce over the pasta.
- Sprinkle the chopped fresh parsley on top.
- Serve the Angel Hair Pasta with Clam and Vegetable Sauce immediately while it’s still hot.