The Last Kale Salad You Need: Brussels Sprouts / Pomegranate Seeds / Spicy Chickpeas / Dijon Dressing
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 30
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: salad
- Cuisine: plant based vegan
Ok, hear me out. You need this kale salad in your life. It’s totally seasonal (winter veggie friendly). It’s filling, has a tart pop from the pomegranate seeds, spicy crunch from the chickpeas, topped with a dijon vinaigrette.
- 2 bunches of kale, rinsed and dried thoroughly. Try to get two types of kale (here I used red Russian kale and curly leaf kale).
- 12 ounces Brussels sprouts, rinsed and dried thoroughly.
- 1 can chickpeas / garbanzo beans, drained and thoroughly rinsed and dried, attempting to remove as much of the skins as possible.
- 1 tbsp olive oil (for the chickpeas)
- 2 tsp cayenne
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds (or more to your liking)
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/2 shallot
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a bowl, combine chickpeas, cayenne, sea salt, and olive oil until well coated. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread out the spiced chickpeas on the baking sheet. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until chickpeas are hard. Set aside to cool.
- De-vein the kale by holding at the base and removing the leaves on either side. Chiffonade/cut the kale in to shreds. Place on serving platter or in salad bowl.
- Cut Brussels sprouts in half and place in food processor. Pulse to a coarse chop. Place on serving platter or in salad bowl.
- In a bowl, whisk together Dijon mustard, olive oil, salt, pepper, shallot and lemon juice. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Top salad with pomegranate seeds and cooled chickpeas. Drizzle the dressing.
- Toss and enjoy!
Keywords: vegan, plant based, kale