Tools I Used to Make This Recipe:
Watch Me Make This TikTok:Print
Scallion Chive Cheddar Biscuits
- Approximately 1/4 cup finely chopped scallions and chives, more or less to your liking!
- 1–1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup finely grated cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, COLD and cubed
- 1–1/2 teaspoon salt, plus more for sprinkling
- Pepper to taste
- 1–2 tablespoons whole milk, or more to make the dough come together
- Combine flour, scallions, chives, salt, pepper.
- Add COLD and cubed butter. Using your fingers, snap the butter until it is combined throughout the flour. Your hands might get tired, but you want to snap all of the butter!
- Add cheddar and loosely mix.
- Stir in one tablespoon of milk at a time until a rough dough forms.
- Turn out on to work surface and lightly knead to combine. Wrap with plastic wrap and chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Remove dough from fridge and roll out on well floured surface to approximately 1/8 inch. Using a circle cookie cutter, cut out your biscuits. Place on prepared baking sheet finger width apart. Sprinkle well with salt.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately transfer to cooling rack. Best eaten with 1 to 2 days.
Great site. Lots of helpful information here. I’m sending
it to a few friends ans additionally sharing in delicious.
And of course, thank you for your effort!