About This Recipe:
Spring is almost here, and with it comes a bounty of fresh greens like broccoli, kale, and spinach that are in season and at their best. This dairy-free quiche celebrates the flavors of the season, featuring a deliciously nutty almond milk custard that is packed with nutritious greens.
Also, with the arrival of spring, the hens are laying again, and eggs are abundant. This recipe uses five of these deliciously fresh eggs to create a rich and hearty custard that is the perfect complement to the vibrant greens. This recipe is not only delicious, but also healthy and nourishing, packed with protein and nutrients that will keep you energized all day long. The combination of the fresh greens and eggs is a perfect way to celebrate the season and the abundance of fresh produce that it brings.
Enjoy this quiche for a spring brunch, lunch, or dinner, and savor the flavors of the season. With this recipe, you can make the most of the abundance of eggs and fresh greens that spring has to offer.
Picking a Crust:
When it comes to crusts for this dairy-free quiche, there are a few different options that you can choose from based on your dietary needs and preferences.
- Store-bought crusts: You can easily find pre-made pie crusts in the baking aisle of your local grocery store. Be sure to check the ingredients to choose a crust that is suitable for your dietary needs. Some popular dairy-free crust options include those made with vegetable shortening, coconut oil, or a mix of flours.
- Nut-based crusts: Another dairy-free option is to make a crust using nuts like almonds, pecans, or cashews. Simply grind the nuts into a fine meal and mix with a little coconut oil or vegan butter until it holds together. Press the mixture into a pie dish and pre-bake for 10-15 minutes before adding the filling.
- Gluten-free crusts: If you need a gluten-free crust, you can use a mix of gluten-free flours like rice flour, almond flour, and tapioca flour. Mix the flours with a little coconut oil or vegan butter until it holds together, and press it into a pie dish. Pre-bake the crust for 10-15 minutes before adding the filling. This is what I did for this recipe.
- Crustless option: If you want to skip the crust altogether, you can simply grease a pie dish and pour the filling directly into it. Bake as you would for a regular quiche, and enjoy a delicious crustless version.
No matter which option you choose, this quiche will be a delicious and healthy addition to your meal rotation, perfect for showcasing the bounty of fresh greens and abundance of eggs that spring has to offer.
Watch Me Make This Recipe:
@carmeninthegarden garden to table quiche 🍳 #garden #gardentok #gardening #quiche #eggs ♬ original sound – Carmen in the Garden
Tools I Used To Make This Recipe:
This Recipe and Gardening:
This recipe, and most of my recipes, feature homegrown herbs. Herbs are the perfect addition for any garden big or small. To learn more about growing herbs in containers, check out my post: 12 herbs to grow in containers.
This recipe also includes kale. I love growing kale all year long and think it is a great crop to grow in any garden too. To learn more about growing kale, check out my post: how to plant, grow, and harvest kale in your garden.
How To Make This Recipe:Print
Green Quiche with Broccoli, Kale, and Spinach (Dairy-Free)
Celebrate the arrival of spring with this dairy-free quiche packed with nutritious greens. Featuring a nutty almond milk custard and five fresh eggs, this recipe is both delicious and nourishing. Perfect for brunch, lunch, or dinner, it’s a hearty and protein-packed meal that will keep you energized all day long. Enjoy the vibrant flavors of in-season broccoli, kale, and spinach in every bite, and make the most of the abundance of fresh produce that spring has to offer.
- 1 pie crust (store-bought or homemade)
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 2 cups chopped kale
- 1/2 cup chopped spinach
- 1/2 cup chopped broccoli
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- 4 green onions, sliced (use only the whites)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Herbs for garnish such as dill, parsley or chives
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Prepare the pie crust by rolling it out and placing it in a well-greased 9-inch pie dish or tart tin. Trim the edges and set it aside.
- In a skillet over medium heat, sauté the kale, spinach, broccoli, and green onions until the vegetables are tender, about 5-7 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs and almond milk. Stir in the nutritional yeast, sage, and additional salt and pepper.
- Pour the egg mixture over the sautéed vegetables in the pie crust.
- Bake the quiche in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes, or until the filling is set and the crust is golden brown.
- Remove the quiche from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving. Serve with freshly chopped herbs.