Celebrate the arrival of spring with this dairy-free quiche packed with nutritious greens. Featuring a nutty almond milk custard and five fresh eggs, this recipe is both delicious and nourishing. Perfect for brunch, lunch, or dinner, it’s a hearty and protein-packed meal that will keep you energized all day long. Enjoy the vibrant flavors of in-season broccoli, kale, and spinach in every bite, and make the most of the abundance of fresh produce that spring has to offer.
- 1 pie crust (store-bought or homemade)
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 2 cups chopped kale
- 1/2 cup chopped spinach
- 1/2 cup chopped broccoli
- 1/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- 4 green onions, sliced (use only the whites)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Herbs for garnish such as dill, parsley or chives
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
- Prepare the pie crust by rolling it out and placing it in a well-greased 9-inch pie dish or tart tin. Trim the edges and set it aside.
- In a skillet over medium heat, sauté the kale, spinach, broccoli, and green onions until the vegetables are tender, about 5-7 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs and almond milk. Stir in the nutritional yeast, sage, and additional salt and pepper.
- Pour the egg mixture over the sautéed vegetables in the pie crust.
- Bake the quiche in the preheated oven for 30-35 minutes, or until the filling is set and the crust is golden brown.
- Remove the quiche from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes before slicing and serving. Serve with freshly chopped herbs.