Tools I used to make this recipe:
Watch me make Flax Seed Crackers on TikTok:
Flax Seed Crackers (keto, simple ingredients)
- 1 cup flax seeds or flax seed meal; or some combination totaling 1 cup total; this is textural preference!
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 sprig of thyme, destemmed
- Salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a food processor, pulse to combine flax seeds/ flax seed meal, garlic, nutritional yeast, paprika, thyme, salt and pepper until well combined. Add water and mix until a paste forms (1 minute or less).
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Spread flax mixture on baking sheet. Use an offset spatula or knife to spread to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, checking halfway through. You want the crackers to make a nice crisp “crack” when bent. Depending on the thickness, you may need to make for an additional 10-20 minutes. Let cool completely before breaking apart in to crackers.
- Once cooled, to re-crisp your crackers – you can pop them back in the oven or toaster oven on 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 3-5 minutes.
- Serve alone or with your favorite dips, jellies, topped on a salad, or with tinned fish!