This smoked branzino salad bagel recipe is a refreshing and tasty way to enjoy seafood, perfect for a weekend brunch or picnic.
- 4 branzinos, gutted and cleaned
- Hickory and hardwood charcoal
- 3 celery stalks, minced
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1/4 cup fresh dill, chopped
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Bagels, for serving
- Flaky sea salt, to sprinkle
- Crushed red pepper and dill sprigs, for garnish
- Preheat a Big Green Egg or other smoker to 400 degrees Fahrenheit using hickory and hardwood charcoal.
- Smoke the branzinos until cooked through and the skin is crispy, about 20-25 minutes. Remove from the smoker and let cool.
- Remove the skin and bones from the branzinos and set aside the skin, bones, and head to make a stock later.
- Flake the branzino meat into small pieces and mix together in a bowl with the minced celery, shallot, dill, green onions, lemon juice, salt, pepper, and sour cream.
- Slice the bagels in half and toast them if desired.
- Spread the branzino salad onto the bagels and sprinkle with flaky sea salt and pepper to taste.
- Garnish with crushed red pepper and a sprig of dill, if desired.
Enjoy your delicious smoked branzino salad bagels!