• 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
• White part of green onions, thinly sliced
• Green part of green onions, cut into 1-inch pieces
• 1 pound ground pork
• black pepper
• 1 cup green beans, cut into 1-inch pieces
• 1 small eggplant, sliced
• 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
• 2 tablespoons soy sauce
• 1 tablespoon fish sauce
• Juice of 1 lime and 1 lime quartered for garnish
• Salt, to taste
• Cooked rice
• Thai basil leaves
• Pickled peppers
• Vegetable oil for sautéing
1. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add vegetable oil.
2. Add garlic and white part of green onions. Saute for 1-2 minutes until fragrant.
3. Add pork and cook until browned, about 4-5 minutes. Season with cracked black pepper.
4. Add green beans and eggplant.
5. Stir in minced jalapeño pepper, soy sauce, fish sauce, and lime juice. Cook for 5-7 minutes until tender and caramelized.
6. Add cut green part of green onions. Cook for an additional 1-2 minutes.
7. Season with salt to your liking.
8. Serve over cooked rice, garnished with Thai basil leaves, lime wedges and pickled peppers.