For the Crust:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup dark rye flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, chilled, cut into small pieces
- 3 to 4 tablespoons ice water
For the Filling:
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into rounds
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes (whole)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt to taste
For the Herbed Ricotta:
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, mix all-purpose flour, dark rye flour, and salt. Cut in chilled butter until coarse crumbs form.
- Gradually add ice water, mixing until the dough forms. Shape into a disk, wrap, and chill for 1 hour.
- In another bowl, combine ricotta, oregano, thyme, parsley, salt, and pepper; set aside.
- In a pan, lightly sauté zucchini rounds in olive oil with a pinch of salt until just softened.
- Preheat the oven to 375°F (190°C).
- On a floured surface, roll out the chilled dough and press into a tart pan.
- Spread the herbed ricotta mixture evenly over the crust, then add the sautéed zucchini and whole cherry tomatoes.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until the crust is golden and the filling is set.
- Cool slightly, then serve the tart warm or at room temperature