Indulge in the bright and tangy flavors of the season with these delicious Kumquat Bars. With a nutty crust and citrusy filling, they’re a perfect treat for any occasion.
For the crust:
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (almonds, pecans, or cashews)
For the filling:
- 1 1/2 cups kumquat puree
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 5 kumquats, sliced for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C) and line an 8-inch square baking dish with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, beat the softened butter, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and salt until creamy. Add the almond flour and chopped nuts and mix until the mixture is crumbly.
- Press the crust mixture into the prepared baking dish and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the crust is golden brown. Remove from the oven and let it cool.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the kumquat puree, sugar, gluten-free flour, eggs, and salt until well combined.
- Pour the kumquat filling over the cooled crust and bake for an additional 20-25 minutes or until the filling is set.
- Remove from the oven and top with sliced kumquats and let the kumquat bars cool to room temperature before slicing into bars.