• 4 lbs short ribs
• Salt and pepper to taste
• 2 tbsp vegetable oil
• 1 lb tomatillos, husked and halved
• 2 jalapeños, diced
• 1 head of garlic, halved
• 1 large onion, quartered
• 1 tsp coriander seeds
• Juice of 2 limes
• 4 cups beef broth
• 1 cup white wine
• 1 big bundle of oregano
• 2 bay leaves
1. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
2. Season the short ribs with salt and pepper on all sides.
3. In a Dutch oven or oven-safe pot, heat the vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Sear the short ribs on all sides until browned. Remove the short ribs from the pot and set them aside.
4. In the same pot, sauté the halved tomatillos, diced jalapeños, garlic, and quartered onion until they start to soften. Add coriander and lime juice, and cook for another minute.
5. Pour in the beef broth and white wine, stirring to combine all the flavors. Bring the mixture to a simmer.
6. Return the seared short ribs to the pot, nestling them into the liquid. Add the big bundle of oregano and bay leaves on top.
7. Cover the Dutch oven with a lid and transfer it to the preheated oven. Let it braise for 3 hours until the short ribs become tender.
8. After 3 hours, remove the lid and turn on the broiler. Broil the short ribs for about 5 minutes or until the top develops a delicious crust.
9. Carefully remove the Dutch oven from the oven, and let the short ribs rest for a few minutes before serving.
I served mine with tortillas, cucumber salad, and beans!