- 2 oz Mezcal
- 1 oz Cointreau
- 1 oz Fresh lime juice
- 2 oz Passion fruit pulp (from about 1–2 passion fruits)
- Salt (for rimming the glass)
- Ice cubes
- Caviar lime (also known as finger lime) for garnish
- Optional: 0.5 – 1 oz Agave syrup (adjust to taste) (I prefer my margaritas with very little or no agave syrup!)
- Moisten the rim of the glass with a lime wedge. Dip the rim into salt, ensuring it’s evenly coated. Set aside.
- In a cocktail shaker, combine mezcal, Cointreau, fresh lime juice, and passion fruit pulp.
- Fill the shaker with ice cubes and shake vigorously until the mixture is well-chilled. Pour directly in to cocktail glass.
- Top off the cocktail with beads of caviar lime. These will burst in your mouth, adding a zesty kick to every sip.