Delicious, chewy, dark chocolate chunk cookies. Easy recipe to follow.
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup granulated white sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 1 & ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 stick of butter, softened
- 1 bar (275g) of dark baking chocolate coarsely chopped – I used Scharffen Berger Unsweetened Fine Artisan Dark Chocolate
- ⅛ cup turbinado sugar
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- In a mixer with a paddle attachment, combine softened butter and all sugar. Mix on medium-high speed for about 3 minutes or until the butter and sugar are sufficiently mixed and creamed together. You may need to scrape down the mixer bowl intermittently.
- With the mixer still running at medium speed, add egg, vanilla, salt, and baking powder.
- Lower the speed to low-medium. Slowly add in flour.
- Lastly, add in coarsely chopped dark chocolate. Mix until everything is well combined.
- Take about 2 tablespoons of dough and roll it into a ball. Lightly pat so it is flattened. Place on a parchment lined cookie sheet. 6 cookies will fit on a sheet.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes. Remove from the oven and sprinkle turbinado sugar on top, lightly patting it into the warm cookie. Transfer to cooling rack. Repeat steps for the second batch. Enjoy!
Keywords: Cookies, Baking, Chocolate